Coconut water is the best way to replenish electrolytes
Coconut water is an exotic drink that is slowly conquering the world due to its positive impact on health.
Coconut water is one of the newer nutritional trends. This drink is the best way to replenish electrolytes because it contains 2 basic types of salt (sodium and potassium). Coconut water is an ideal drink for diabetics (despite its naturally sweet taste). It does not contain artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
The nutritional value of coconut water
It is necessary to drink green coconut water (instead of the milky sticky liquid that originates from the central part of the fruit) for the drink to have beneficial effects. Namely, coconut pulp is rich in sugar and fat, which is why it is not suitable for people with diabetes. Coconut water from young and unripe coconuts is completely safe. It is a rich source of useful substances (which include potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, iron, copper and essential amino acids). It is important to point out that it does not contain cholesterol.
The benefit of this drink for diabetics is that it facilitates the regulation of blood glucose levels (due to the nutrients in the unripe and green fruit).
By the way, coconut is a great source of plant fiber
It is counted among alkaline foods and helps to neutralize acids (which are formed in the body as a result of some biochemical processes).
Coconut water has been proven to stimulate circulation and protect blood vessels
Regular consumption of coconut water (with other preventive measures) could slow down the development of complications caused by poor blood flow as well as some neurological problems (impaired vision and impaired kidney function).
Coconut water creates a feeling of satiety despite the low number of calories. That is why it can prevent overeating. That is why it is a great help to obese diabetics who follow a reduction diet.
However, excessive consumption of coconut water can be harmful even though coconut water is generally safe for everyone (including people with diabetes) due to its high nutritional value and low content of natural sugars.
The maximum daily dose of the coconut water is 2.5 dcl. It is always best to take coconut water in its natural form without adding other ingredients
- Coconut water accelerates the metabolism, which encourages the burning of fat and sugar in the body
- It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, in addition to the high content of important nutrients. Both types of substances are of essential importance for maintaining a stable blood sugar level and ideal body mass.
- This drink is rich in dietary fiber, so it has a positive effect on digestion. It has a beneficial effect on the urinary system.
- The drink strengthens the immune system and helps in the process of cleaning the body from harmful substances and various bacteria.
- The most common cause of hypertension is an electrolyte imbalance. Coconut water therefore helps regulate blood pressure.