5 anti-stress plants that treat increased heart palpitations, fears, dizziness, loss of breath
Plants and herbal teas help deal with panic and restlessness. Herbal teas also resolve anxiety in the midst of thinking that a person is threatened with an imminent disaster (causing abnormal fear to appear), the mind becoming burdened (causing trembling, increased heart palpitations; dizziness, sweating and loss of days).
- Licorice root (Glycyrhiza glabra) – this plant has medicinal value and is useful for many ailments. It contains a compound related to cortisol (which helps the body fight anxiety and stress more easily). It normalizes the functions of the adrenal gland, calms the mind and encourages rational thinking. Chop a piece of root and put it in a bowl of boiling water. Cook briefly for up to 1 minute. Strain after 20 minutes. Add one spoon of honey and drink 3 times a day.
- Kaki kaki (Piper methysticum) – Western experts discovered the effect of this plant in 1768. The discovery was favored by the testimony of researcher James Cook about the plant used by Pacific natives to achieve cheerfulness and relaxation. Kava Kava calms the central nervous system without disturbing mental abilities. It removes nervousness, restores the feeling of self-confidence and ensures sound sleep. Take one capsule of the extract every night before going to bed. The mind will be clear and clean in the morning.
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) – this is a sweet-smelling plant that has great medicinal value. The plant has been used for almost 2,500 years for the treatment of internal body diseases. It has a beneficial calming property, so it is an excellent solution for the psyche. Lavender solves various psychological conditions (insomnia, depression, anxiety). Add one tablespoon of dried lavender to 2 to 3 dcl of boiling water. Leave for 15 minutes and strain. Drink 3 cups of tea a day.
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) has long been used to relieve feelings of restlessness and treat depression. It is rich in substances such as hypericin, hyperforin and flavonoids (which stimulate the production of serotonin). It improves mood, reduces stress and gives energy to the body. Take 300 mg of the plant in capsule form three times a day. Reduce the dose as soon as you feel improvement. Eventually stop taking the capsules completely.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) plant has a sedative effect. It contains alkaloids and glycosides with a soothing and relaxing effect. The plant strengthens the work of the nervous system, promotes restful sleep, effectively removes stress and anxiety. Take one spoonful of the dried herb and soak it continuously for half an hour in a glass of water. Strain and drink 3 cups of the drink a day.