Natural pharmacy against nocturnal and uncontrolled urination in all age groups
- Carrots, turnips and nettles – consumption of these foods is recommended because they have a diuretic effect and help remove toxins. Symptoms of frequent urinary infections can be reduced
- Cranberry – cranberry is rich in antioxidants (vitamin A and C) and substances with vitamin P activity. It also contains malic, citric and succinic acids, tannins and pectins. Cranberry leaves are rich in glycosides that have a beneficial effect in the treatment of chronic catarrh of the bladder and urinary tract. Cranberry juice is recommended for the prevention and treatment of people prone to inflammatory conditions of the urinary tract (because it helps preserve the pH of urine acidity). The course lasts 3 weeks, after which the possibility of recurrence of the inflammatory condition is significantly reduced. It is recommended for people who have uncontrollable urination or wear a catheter after bladder surgery, in case of an enlarged and inflamed prostate, and in all cases where there is an increased risk of urinary tract infection.
- Nevertheless, taking cranberry fruit juice and tea from the plant Bear grape (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (L.) Spreng.) at the same time will neutralize the effect of the tea from the plant Bear grape. In the same way, sour fruit juices (citrus) or juices made from cranberry seeds, as well as larger doses of vitamin C (because of the acidifying properties of urine, can neutralize the effect of the tea) are also not to be taken with the herbal Uva ursi or Bear grape tea.
- Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus) – strengthen immunity and have a protective and anti-inflammatory effect on the urogenital tract. Their intake is necessary after long-term rounds with antibiotics – they create lactic acid from glycogen. Lactic acid ensures a low pH of the environment in which they are found, thus forming the first line of defense against various infections. The natural source of lactobacillus is regular yogurt (Acidofil, LGG, Bioyogurt, etc.). Many supplements (in the form of tablets, capsules, powders or drinks) containing these useful and good bacteria are also useful.
- Propolis has a strong anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial and immunostimulating effect.
- Lemon seed extract and garlic – help to establish a healthy balance of fungi. They can be taken during pregnancy.