5 recipes for homemade preparations that protect the skin from spring UV rays
Doctors, beauticians and dermatologists say that the spring sun is stronger and more dangerous than the summer sun. During the spring, there is a high level of ultraviolet radiation, even though the sun is hotter in the summer. Strong ultraviolet radiation causes inflammatory conditions of the skin, pigmentation, vasodilation and promotes the accumulation of proinflammatory cytokines (molecules that trigger inflammatory responses). Even during cold days, UV radiation affects the skin and causes DNA damage. Because of this, the risk of skin cancer (and other types of cancer) increases.
Various homemade preparations (masks, creams, balms, serums) help reduce the negative effects of the spring sun. These preparations create a protective layer on the skin against dangerous spring UV radiation.
- Lotion with chamomile – pour 50 grams of chamomile with half a liter of brandy. Leave for 3 weeks in a dry, cool and dark place. Shake occasionally. Strain after 3 weeks. Apply the lotion to your face twice a day.
- Mask with sour cream and cucumbers – grate 50 g of fresh cucumber and mix with 2 large spoons of sour cream. Keep the mask on your face for 20 minutes. Wash your face with warm (not hot) water. You can repeat the procedure every morning.
- Ice cubes with aloe vera – squeeze the juice from 5 fresh leaves of aloe vera. Pour the juice into the ice molds. Keep in the freezer. Wipe your face with an ice cube every morning.
- Medicinal olive oil – apply olive oil to your face every morning. Research shows that olive oil protects the skin from UV radiation as effectively as a protective cream with the mark SPF 8.
- Mask with parsley and dandelion – make a juice of 10 grams of fresh dandelion in a blender. Finely chop 5 grams of fresh parsley and mix with one egg yolk and dandelion juice. Put the mask on the skin in the morning. Wash off after 20 minutes. Do not apply face cream (or any other face and neck skin care product) after this procedure.
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil