7 homemade herbal preparations against the strong spring sun
Homemade natural preparations are effective and suitable for all skin types and all generations. They are especially suitable for people with skin sensitive to solar radiation (solar radiation is most dangerous at the beginning of spring and after a long winter if the skin is suddenly exposed to the sun) and skin prone to allergies. The advantages of homemade preparations are knowledge of the ingredients in them, natural origin and adaptation to the tastes of each person.
Homemade sun creams can be used (for example, a nourishing mask protects the skin from cracking and burning). It is recommended to try the homemade cream on a particularly sensitive part of the skin before use. This will guarantee the safety of use without causing allergies.
- Coconut oil – oil generally reflects solar radiation and nourishes the skin. Coconut oil protects the skin at the cellular level. Gives an even and beautiful tone. Apply the oil until it is completely absorbed into the skin. Remove the residue with a damp tissue.
- Jojoba oil – oil generally reflects solar radiation and nourishes the skin. Jojoba oil (as well as almond and hazelnut oil and shea butter) protects the skin at the cellular level. Gives an even and beautiful tone. Apply the oil until it is completely absorbed into the skin. Remove the residue with a damp tissue.
- Homemade cream for dry to normal skin – this cream protects dry to normal skin from harmful spring radiation. Beat raw egg yolk, one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Keep the mask on until it dries completely on the skin. Rinse with warm water. It is recommended to perform this procedure half an hour before exposure to the sun.
- Mask with various vegetable oils – this is extremely useful for all skin types and people of all generations. Avocado, raspberry seed and sesame oil reflect solar radiation. Almond oil protects the deep layers of the epidermis from aging. Jojoba oil (as well as almond and hazelnut oil and shea butter) protects the skin at the cellular level. Gives an even and beautiful tone. Apply the oil to the skin until it is absorbed and remove any residue with a clean cotton cloth/handkerchief.
- Cucumber for combination skin and oily skin – pour organic cucumber seeds with brandy in a ratio of 1:10. Keep for 2 weeks in a dry, dark and cool place. Dilute with water in the same proportion. The lotion is rubbed into the skin in the morning and evening, but also before leaving the house. Alcohol dries out the skin a lot. That’s why you can apply a moisturizing cream after the lotion.
- Homemade cream with beeswax – take 100 grams of coconut oil, 25 grams of cocoa butter, 60 grams of shea butter and 5 grams of beeswax. Melt the ingredients in a water bath using an enamel pan. Cool the mixture to 40°C. add 15 to 20 drops of carrot essential oil and gently mix the mixture. Keep the cream in a glass container with a lid (it can also be kept in the fridge). The cream will harden in the fridge, but it melts quickly at a temperature of 35°C to 37°C. These homemade creams can be stored for a maximum of 2 to 3 months. It is preferable to write the date of preparation of the cream on the label.
- Homemade cream with zinc dioxide (zinc dioxide is used in domestic cosmetic crafts as a sun protection component). Zinc dioxide is actively used in sunscreens because it has the ability to reflect solar radiation and helps to increase the effectiveness of the protective effect. Pour a cup of olive oil into an enamel pan. Heat over low heat. Slowly add 30 grams of beeswax. Break the wax into smaller pieces. Stir the wax continuously until it melts and mixes with the oil. Add one to two tablespoons of zinc dioxide powder. Zinc dioxide powder can be bought in pharmacies (the powder is not toxic, but it is recommended to wear gloves and a protective mask on the face because the powder can get into the eyes or respiratory tract). Pour the powder without stopping mixing. It is important that the powder does not settle to the bottom. The consistency of the cream should be homogeneous. Pour the cooled cream into a glass jar with a lid (or a ceramic jar). The combination of zinc dioxide, beeswax and oil can clog pores and have a rather “heavy” effect on the skin. That is why it is recommended to apply a moisturizing cream often. First massage the cream on the sensitive part of the skin. The cream can be used in a smaller amount/held on the beach, but not directly in the sun and heat.
wow! Olive Virgin Oil is the best! Greetings from Italy
LikeLiked by 1 person
Many thanks for your comment. All the best, Amela
LikeLiked by 1 person