5 recipes for homemade medicinal water for rinsing the mouth and throat
Home-made antiseptic, i.e. medicated mouth and oral cavity rinses freshen the breath but also suppress bacteria (causing caries and inflammatory conditions of the throat). A visit to the doctor is inevitable and mandatory due to severe infections in the mouth, sick teeth and potentially bleeding gums. Then medicated rinses are not an option.
Natural solutions of antiseptic waters are mainly based on medicinal plants in combination with some natural agent (honey is the best due to its strong antibacterial effect. Honey can neutralize the effects of micro-organisms that cause tooth decay and suppress complaints due to mild infections).
- Water for fresh breath – pour one cup of boiled water and 10 drops of mint essential oil, 5 drops of lemon essential oil and 3 drops of orange essential oil into a spray bottle. Add one and a half spoons of honey and mix/shake until the ingredients are combined. Use the product occasionally to rinse your mouth after regular dental hygiene.
- Antiseptic water – add one tablespoon of sea salt, one tablespoon of honey and 4 drops of tea tree and mint essential oil to one cup of natural mineral water. Combine the ingredients so that everything is dissolved and connected. Use the preparation for quick disinfection of the mouth (if you are unable to brush your teeth).
- Antibacterial agent – pour the juice of one lemon, half a spoon of Ceylon cinnamon and 3 spoons of honey into one cup of cold sage tea. Rinse your mouth in the evening before going to bed. Do this 1 to 2 times a week.
- Means for clean and white teeth – add one spoonful of apple cider vinegar, 3 drops of propolis and one spoonful of honey to a cup of boiled water. Mix the ingredients to combine everything. Use the product as a mouthwash (in the form of protection against the appearance of stains and caries on the teeth). Do not overdo it with apple cider vinegar. Never use apple cider vinegar in its original form or undiluted (because it damages tooth enamel). Apple cider vinegar is not suitable for everyday use but for occasional use.
- Remedy against flatulence – pour 2 to 3 sprigs of rosemary and 5 to 5 cloves with a cup of boiled water. Cover and keep overnight. In the morning, strain, heat a little and add one spoon of honey. Pour the product into a glass and sterilized bottle. Close with an airtight lid. Use as a protection against inflammatory conditions, after brushing your teeth. The term of use is up to one week.