Hydrogen (pharmacy) is the most effective wound cleaner, even better than water
A possible wound on some part of the body is cleaned mechanically with apothecary’s 3% hydrogen and even much better than with water.
There should be 3% hydrogen and chlorhexidine in the home pharmacy
Chlorhexidine-gluconate and 3% hydrogen are considered by many to be the same product, although these products have different compositions and mechanisms of action. They are also used for different purposes.
Chlorhexidine is a universal antiseptic. The preparation has an effect even at a low concentration. This device prevents the spread of bacteria although it does not kill bacteria. The World Health Organization considers chlorhexidine to be the most important antiseptic. The effect of the preparation is very non-specific, which enables the use of the preparation in the fight against most known bacteria.
The most important characteristics of chlorhexidine are:
- The antiseptic effect lasts up to 4 hours after applying the preparation. That’s why chlorhexidine is used to treat medical instruments and work surfaces.
- It is active against most bacteria
- It has a long-lasting effect
- Wounds on the body can be treated regularly.
- Wash the wound with 3% hydrogen, remove bacteria and dirt. And after that, chlorhexidine provides the necessary long-term protection against new infections.
Hydrogen peroxide (Hydrogen) – hydrogen destroys all organic matter in its path (bacteria and organism cells) when applied. This happens as a result of the release of a large amount of pure oxygen (which changes to a gaseous state).
The most important characteristics of Hydrogen are:
- Does not leave harmful decomposition products
- Suitable for stopping bleeding
- It is not used for cleaning deep wounds and regular application.
- Only festering and dirty wounds can be washed with hydrogen, unlike other antiseptics. After that, antiseptics with a long-term effect are applied.
- They are good for stopping capillary bleeding (from soft blood vessels located on the skin and mucous membranes).
- It helps to quickly stop bleeding from the nose (a cotton swab dipped in the solution is used).