The basis of the green diet is the fact that the green color regulates digestion and affects weight loss. Some nutritionists recommend the use of green plates and dishes with this type of diet. It is recommended to have some detail or item in the kitchen in one of the green color variants which provides a feeling of satiety and people prefer smaller meals. This is related to human psychic currents through evolution. People react instinctively to green because a large mass of green suggests an abundance of food and a wealth of food. This gives people the feeling that there is no need to overeat in such an environment. Thus, one of the basic goals of weight loss is achieved – visual reduction of appetite. In the kitchen interior, red, yellow and orange stimulate the appetite.
The so-called green diet means a huge use of foods (fruits and vegetables) in green. Due to the low glycemic index of foods, this diet regulates blood sugar levels and speeds up metabolism. Almost negative caloric intake (only 1500 calories per day) is important because thanks to that, huge amounts of accumulated fat reserves are consumed while simultaneously drawing the necessary vitamins and minerals from green fruits and vegetables. This diet makes people healthier and more energetic and preserves health and beauty.
If you use a green diet – eat some food every hour to an hour and a half. This schedule helps to avoid the attack of uncontrolled hunger and allows the body to get used to reduced portions of food. For a snack, take a kiwi, a green apple or white grapes. It is important to drink at least a liter of fluid a day. Limit the amount of salt. It is allowed to use a minimum amount of olive oil for salads and cooking. Gradually reduce your carbohydrate intake before using a green diet. This type of diet lasts for ten days. It can be used once a month. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables in the menu after ten days of therapy. The basis of the green diet consists of green vegetables (cucumber, zucchini, cabbage, green peppers, celery, spinach, dill, parsley, spring onions, asparagus, beans, peas) with green tea and green fruits (kiwi, green apple, figs, pears, white grapes).
Along with green tea, drink tea made from mint, lemon balm, chamomile, St. John’s wort and nettle. Once every two days eat a piece of white meat (chicken, fish or two eggs) yes supplement the amount of protein needed. It is best to eat raw fruits and vegetables. If the food needs to be heat-treated – then let it be cooking or stewing / sautéing in water. You can also prepare food by steaming.
Combination of foods in the green diet:
1. Choice for breakfast: oatmeal or buckwheat porridge cooked in water. Add the green apple and a little honey. Yogurt or low-fat cow’s cheese, which you can replace with an egg, apple or kiwi.
2. Snack-salad of green vegetables with olive oil. Preferably without salt.
3. Lunch-cooked fish or white meat with fruit and vegetable salad. On the first, fourth, seventh and ninth day, replace the fish or chicken with vegetables (zucchini stewed with parsley or spinach stewed in olive oil without salt).
4. Afternoon snack-fruit with the addition of low-fat yogurt or vegetable salad.
5. Dinner-stew of stewed vegetables. On the first, fourth, seventh and ninth day, take white meat or cooked fish with green vegetables.