Vegetarian foods for vegan beginners
There is a large selection of meat and milk substitutes in health food stores and supermarkets.
10 alternative products suitable for a vegan diet:
- Agar-vegetable gelatin used to coagulate and make jelly.
- Cheese substitute-in offer is a large selection of milk-free cheese substitutes. There is soy cheese on sale with different flavors and textures. Soy cheese is similar to milk cheese. Tofu cheese is a slightly salty cheese but absorbs other flavors well. Similarly, cheeses are made from sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds and the like. You can make these cheeses at home with the help of a powerful and quality blender.
- A substitute for egg-formula starch and yeast powder can be used in dishes that otherwise contain eggs.
- Microprotein is a meatless protein made from mushrooms. That is why it contains little fat.
- Rice milk- is a slightly sweeter substitute for regular milk. Rice milk is thinner and more transparent than regular milk. It is often used in desserts.
- Seitan is a vegan substitute for meat. It is made from wheat gluten. It can be used in Asian dishes as a substitute for tofu cheese. The texture is spongy and conical. That is why it absorbs the aroma of the salt water in which it is stored – if it is canned.
- Soy milk is an alternative to milk that contains the same amount of protein, less fat, no cholesterol and almost the same amount of calcium (if calcium is added). You can look for these products with added vitamin B12 if you are vegan.
- Textured vegetable protein or “TVP” soy meat or protein soy protein-rich food makes defatted soy flour to extract degradable sugars by processing it. It is often used as a substitute for meat.
- Tofu is made from soy and is used in dishes from East Asia. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and polyunsaturated fats. It does not contain cholesterol.
- Cheese substitute — some cheeses cannot be vegetarian products (parmesan, gorgonzola, talegio) because they contain an animal enzyme. Then a cheese substitute should be sought.